New Greenfield Hospital, Germantown, MD
|Owner||Holy Cross Hospital Germantown, MD|
McMullan & Associates, Inc. Structural Engineers for the Holy Cross Hospital – New Greenfield Hospital in Germantown, Maryland, is pleased to announce that the project is underway. The project will bring much-needed health care services to the most rapidly growing and aging region in Montgomery County.
The Maryland Department of Economic Development has put the $202 million Germantown hospital at the top of its list of state projects for the first half of 2011, potentially bringing 1,100 construction jobs to Montgomery County. The Holy Cross Hospital – New Greenfield Hospital facility is located on the Germantown campus of Montgomery College, the first hospital on a community college campus, and is slated to open in 2014.
The unique partnership with Montgomery College will trainmore nurses and health care workers, and the Germantown hospital will be the first in the nation on a community college campus with an educationalpartnership. Holy Cross and Montgomery College will work together to double the number of nursing graduates over five years.
Highlights of the New Greenfield Hospital in Germantown
- 93 beds
- 6-story, 237,000 square feet
- 75 medical/surgical, 12 obstetrics, 6
- 5 operating rooms
- 12 emergency beds
- 5 labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- All patient rooms will be private
- Sustainable design elements to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification
- A healing garden to facilitate quiet, contemplative moments for patients, visitors and clinicians
McMullan & Associates, Inc.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company